Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stay-cation

This week I have been on vacation, with the exception of Monday which I had to work and Noah had to go to daycare.  Tuesday through Sunday we are off!  The time has actually gone slow, but I cannot believe that it's Saturday night already and tomorrow is my last day off!  I'm sure Monday is not going to be a easy drop off for Noah, since he hasn't been to daycare for a week!
I really wanted to go somewhere, but there really wasn't anywhere to go.  In September we might be going to the beach.  On my Dad's Birthday he's going to Dover to drive the race car.  My Mom had gotten him that gift for Christmas and one of the dates to do it happened to be his birthday, so he chose then!  We thought that we might go from there to the beach for a few days.  It's not definite totally yet, but we'll see!  Then we were just going to go up to camp, but then with the heat, we would basically be living in the river, which really is ok but not my idea of a great time so everyone decided not to go.  So it was a Stay-cation!  I'm totally fine with that!  We had fun just the same!
I spent my first night and day of vacation in the hospital though.  I went in Monday evening with chest discomfort, which was going on since the weekend.  I had this same thing before but Google can do awful things to your mind when you look up certain things like that!  So needless to say, I wanted peace of mind so Mom took me in to get checked out.  They did a EKG in the ER and all the normal other things, then they got me into a room, changed into a gown, hooked up to monitors, IV in, blood work drawn.  Then when the Dr came in he said they would be admitting me overnight at least to have me do a stress test in the morning.  So I sent my Mom home to make sure Noah wasn't giving my Dad a hard time, which I figured he wasn't.  I would have rather her been home with him then sleeping sitting up in a chair with me all night!  I was in the ER all night, they never moved me from there so it wasn't the quietest place ever.  But I did manage to get a few hours of sleep and then bright and early before 8 am they were coming to take me to do the stress test and Echo.  That was the most uncomfortable thing to do ever, but I did what I had to do and everything came out great!  As the Dr said my heart is "golden" so it's apparently just anxiety or stress that's giving me these pains not anything heart related which is GREAT news!  They were testing my blood for a hormone that shows up when your having a heart attack and they have to do the 4 tests I guess a few hours apart for each and all of them were clear.  Heck I didn't even know there was such a thing, I knew on a EKG they could tell if you were having one but didn't know that.  So thankfully I'm good, and got out of there in time to still enjoy my vacation and the 4th of July!
The paparazzi is even at the hospital!

he was incognito, on his play phone saying "hello, I'm just screwing around." lol
We went to my Aunt Karen's for a 4th of July picnic!  It was fun, Noah went swimming, we had good food, good company to!


I hate this thing, but Mr. Independent needs to wear it!

Aunt Karen getting them with water balloons, guess she ran out!
We  had a lot of fun there, it was pretty hot but the pool kept us cool!  Parker was there to!  He's so handsome!

waiting with a water balloon.....wonder who he's gonna get?!?!
Later that night we went into Hershey to see the Fireworks!  I was excited because this was actually the first year that we were home, and Noah was awake to take him to see them!  Usually we are at camp, and there are some people there that have some but that's not the same, and Noah is usually wore out and sleeping before they even start!  Noah really could have cared less, I think he was tired, but he held up for them and did great!
On the way!  His shirt even says Mommy's little firecracker!


 We did some random dancing to The Fresh Beat Band, he recently started watching some Nick Jr shows sometimes, since most of the Sprout shows are repeats, and he likes most of them!  He's not much of a TV kid, but when it settle down and relax time he can definitely get into it!  He likes The Fresh Beat Band, and Wow Wow Wubzy the best!  He likes to grab his Wiggles guitar, and stand in front of the TV shaking his little butt and pretending to be playing his guitar along with the band!  It's pretty awesome!


Since I was stuck in the hospital Tuesday, and the plans my sister and I had got broken.  Noah and I went over Thursday instead!  We pretty much spent the day with my sister and Parker, until Danielle got home from work, then we left so their little family could be alone!  It was nice to spend some time alone with my sister and our boys!


Nice choice of clothing Parker ;)
Friday was my Parents 38th Wedding Anniversary!  WOW 38 years, that's a long time!  As they say "38  glorious years."  So we didn't really do to much, it was hot, they didn't really want to do anything, my Dad made a big pot of chicken corn soup outside in a cast iron pot he had gotten from his Dad.  It was and is the most delicious soup!  My sister, Danielle and Parker came over for dinner Friday night.  My Aunt Joann also is here for the weekend as well.  All in all it was a great day!  Parkers first visit to our house, showed some jealousy from Noah.  But I think he'll be ok!

I'll tell you, Noah is trying at times now, and I really don't know if it's just the age, or a combination of his age and daycare or what.  But I have thoroughly enjoyed this week!  I wish I could be home with him everyday of every week!  I have a feeling that Monday won't be the best drop off, so my plan is to get there early in case it is hard to be able to leave!  I'm hoping I'm wrong but you know usually after a few days away from daycare it's hard to get back into the swing of things! 
I have been working on his with potty training, which it seems one day he does great and the next he could care less about it.  I know that he'll do it when he's ready but he's been asking about going to the potty more and more, and so I thought maybe just maybe this would be the time!  But it's not perfect, maybe a little more pushing and he'll be sure to get it and stick with it.  He sees I get frustrated and that doesn't help so I guess I need to just brush it off and let it be what it will be!  He's doing ok I guess for the busy, VERY busy 2 1/2  year old that he is!  I'm surprised he can take time to blink sometimes!
 He's still amazing me all the time, he's getting more and more independent every single day, everything is "I want to do it, I do it."  He gets easily frustrated, but what kid doesn't I guess.  He's getting to be that age when he's starting to do cool things like, he most recently started putting on a bag, either the reusable bag he uses to take his daycare stuff back and forth of his thirty one bag he uses for his water play stuff, and putting it on his arms to be on his back and run around yelling "I'm a super guy!"  Or "I'm a Super hero!"  So today at Target I found a little set that was a mask and wrist things for super hero's, and so I got it for him, he likes it, but he's not too fond of the mask.  I tried to take his picture but he knows it so he won't let me!  He's so funny!
Today we went shopping for new shoes, he needed new sandals, and decided himself that he also needed sneakers.  So he ended up with both new sneakers and sandals!  He wanted these awful Batman sneakers, that had this big gaudy plastic piece over the laces, then he seen the Spiderman ones that were the same but a web over the laces, THANKFULLY Grammy came to the rescue and found a cute pair of Nike's and said Noah how about these, see this swoosh that means they will make you go really fast!  So needless to say, we tried them on, he ran around and didn't want to take them off!  Thank you Grammy for saving the day!  I let him pick out what he likes, I mean I don't care, you want light up Spiderman sneakers, fine.  I mean your only young once right?  But that big gaudy plastic thing was a big ridiculous!  We did a little running around today and then came home, went swimming a little bit, then in for a nap.  Then back out swimming, then in until the storm passed, then back out for a little! 

The sky wasn't the creepy looking....lol
Well tomorrow, Sunday is the last day of our vacation, or shall I say Stay-cation.  I must say that it was the best!  I enjoyed spending time with my awesome son, my great parents, my sister and her new precious son Parker and just being around family in general.  It has been great and I can't wait until the next one!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment