Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Monster Mile!

Sunday September 23rd was my Dad's 60th Birthday!  It also just so happened to be the day he decided to schedule his Christmas gift from my Mom from 2011!  My Mom got him a ride 4 laps/drive 20 laps at Dover.  My Dad loves Nascar, I think he was more into it when Dale Earnhardt Sr was still alive, because that was his all time favorite driver (not to mention that Noah and little cousins had thought he was Dale Earnhardt!).  My Mom knew that this would be a gift he would love, and NEVER forget, so she got it for him.  I couldn't believe he waited this long to cash it in!  But what a better way to spend your Birthday?!

Dad waiting for the drivers to be called....Noah wanted to be with him!

On the guests van ride around the track which was AWESOME!  This was on the slant, where the driver stopped...Parker's face is priceless!




Checking out McQueen!



He should have had his Dale Earnhardt sunglasses!




Yep that's my Mom with a helmet!  You could pay to ride 4 laps and she did it!

She said it was awesome!

Dad got to ride his 4 laps in McQueen, Noah was happy!


There he goes, number 83 my Dad driving!

You can see how genuinely happy he really is!
I had a blast!  I have not seen my Dad so happy in a very long time!  He deserved this happiness, and I am so glad he got it especially on his birthday, and that me, Noah, my sister, Danielle and Parker could be there for it!  He said it was a thrill of a lifetime!  I'm sure he wishes he could have just been out there on his own to go as fast as he wanted and go as long as he wanted, but he could only go as fast as the car in front of him which was there on purpose, but he did get to go pretty fast anyway! 

I'm sure this 60th birthday was the best so far!  Mom already is saying that she'll never be able to top that present so she isn't even going to try! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment