Friday, September 16, 2011

The making of the Cars room.....

So I'm not exactly sure when my little baby turned into a big boy, but it happened!  It all s is tarted with him waking up A LOT through the night, until I finally put him in bed with me.  I thought at first it was some strange thing going on, and I knew I didn't want to keep that habit up!  I have heard stories of people not being able to get their kids out of their bed, so I didn't want that issue!  So I decided that maybe that was his way of telling me, hey Mom I don't want to sleep in the crib, I want a big boy bed!  So one weekend a while ago now (I posted about it) I took his crib down.  And I have to say he's been sleeping in his bed ever since that day!  I lay with him at night until he falls asleep, and I have to admit that sometimes Mommy falls asleep to!  But other then that he's sleeping through the night and he's just wonderful!! 

We decided that we were going to use the Cars theme for his bedroom.  It was simple, and there was plenty of stuff to find of it!  I thought for a minute about maybe toy story, but the only thing he has of Toy Story is PJ's!  Cars he has PJ's clothes, toys, not to mention his Poppy is turning him into a motor head! lol So we went out and bought the awesome stickers for the wall, 3 different packs, 2 small packs and 1 giant sticker.  Got him the bed set and curtains and set his room all up!  There is still one small wall of his animals, because my friend Krista bought him a animals shelf for Christmas last year so I didn't want to get rid of that, so I just put all his animals on one little part of his room.  It's a little bit of baby left! 

He loves his new room!!!






I can't believe in February he is going to be 2 already. That makes me sad. Time really does fly when you have kids. I know one thing, he's a handful, some days are worse then others. It's hard to break behavior when he's in daycare, learning (I'm sure) lots of fun stuff there. Oh well, it's these years that one day I will look back on and miss. I'll take whatever the little guy has to give me!! He's my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment