Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day to my Dad, who just so happens to be one of the best!  He also just has gotten better, because I couldn't have asked for a better Poppy to my son!  Since his own Father isn't here anymore, he's really quite the male role model and I couldn't be more appreciative for that!  I love him more than anything, and I know Noah does to!

He went to Noah's daycare party for Father's Day on Friday.  "Root Beer Floats with Dads" he enjoyed a root beer float and pretzels with Noah.  I told his teachers that MY Dad would be coming since Noah's Daddy passed away, so they knew in advance.  I asked to replace "Dad" with Poppy, the only thing was the card but that's no big deal I was worried about their gift!


My Mom said "Oh that's what they were Shrinky Dinking!"  That is just the cutest thing! They make such nice things for the parents those teachers Miss Jamie and Miss Melissa!  Thank you so much!

My sister and I took my Dad out for dinner Saturday  night for Father's Day because we knew he wouldn't want to come home Sunday get all cleaned up and go out, he likes to come home and relax!  Plus this year isn't exactly the best time.  Last year, the 18th it was the day before Father's Day his Dad passed away.  So even though that's not until tomorrow, technically for the emotional part it was Saturday.  So we just went to dinner Saturday night, and then Sunday when we got home from camp Noah gave Poppy his gifts we got him and we gave him his cards.


painted rock for Pop, trust me....this was NOT that fun!  holding his hand to paint the words!  wow!

gotta love the shirt!
I hope my Dad had a great day!  I know he had a great meal last night he made sure to say about the steak being so good!  I hope you keep your head up tomorrow Dad, I know it's going to be a hard day.  I love you so much!



RIP
After we gave Poppy all his gifts and got baths and cleaned up we headed over to visit Noah's Daddy's grave.  It's a shame, but most times when you pass a cemetery he would say about his Daddy being in there.  I know he's watching over Noah every single day of his life.  There is not one single day that goes by that I don't think about you Jeff, and I wish you were here to see our handsome, smart, spunky, son growing up! 
Noah painted a rock for his Daddy but only 2 sides of it, painted I <3 U on one side and <3 Noah on the other and glued his ceramic airplane he had painted for his him on top!  It actually looks really cute! 
This was back when he actually painted it but I don't have a picture of the finished piece.....bad Mommy :(

I should have zoomed more....but it's right in front of the solar light.

I assume the flowers and balloon are from his daughter Jayana they are beautiful!

cutest balloon ever!
Please don't be creeped out by the hole, it's for the headstone.  I guess it's coming really soon.  I'll have to check back in a couple days maybe it will be there.  Which will be fantastic!  A lot better than just a marker!
Well, Happy Father's Day Jeff.  A wish sent all the way to Heaven from here on earth, Noah said it a million times and blew you some kisses to!  I hope you caught them all!  We miss and love you!


I hope all the Dad's out there had a wonderful day, you deserve it!  Grandfather's too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment