Saturday, May 12, 2012

My sister's Baby Shower

Today was finally the day!  The day of my sister's baby shower!  My Mom and I put so much into planning this so that everything would be perfect, or well as perfect as it could be that we were about at each other's throats!  My Dad helped to, he helped with set up, and of course with money, as Daddy's always do! 
It was a total surprise for my sister!  Unfortunately we had to tell Danielle or else we couldn't have been able to get them both at the hall!  So she did a great job of keeping it a secret, and helping us out with excuses to be in certain places at certain times!  Thanks Danielle!

Our gifts, and a few that were given prior to the shower.

The guests of honors seat


The awesome diaper cake I made!


Made for us by 16 yr old daughter of a co worker of my Mom's!  She does awesome stuff!

So keeping her in mind next time I need something, I have heard about her cakes!

My Momma


Lookin' good for Parker!

I told my sister the other week that I had to work Mother's Day weekend, which of course meant that they couldn't go to camp because they would have to watch him for me!  So it all kinda worked out well!  So they were over for dinner last night, took Noah home with them, we were texting today like I was really at work and that we were going to meet for lunch when I got off.  Instead, Danielle "forgot" something at her work and had to go get it, which made her then drive up by the hall to head to Toys R Us for Noah, which in return made her see this.....
Minus me standing there of course!
Then Mom and I and some others were standing outside with another surprise sign!  My sister was crying tears of joy!  She was actually surprised which made me the most happy!  I was worried, I know my sister, and I know it's hard to get stuff past her!
We ate, played a few games, then opened gifts. 




The kids love gifts even if they aren't their own!


I'm so happy my sister finally gets to be a Mommy, she's always wanted this!


The cutest, owl hat and sweater!

diaper cupcakes!

awesome blanket a family friend Vicky made!


Happy Mommies!

We kinda did the cake with the food, since it was just cupcakes.  I ordered the cake and cupcakes from my supervisor at work, and they turned out awesome!  They looked great and tasted wonderful to!  The cake was just for my sister and Danielle and the cupcakes were for everyone else.

They were just setting up when I took this picture.
My sister has this obsession with baby feet, so that's the theme of the shower we went with.  We found the baby butt cake online and thought it was cute so I asked if she could recreate and she said yes!  I'm so glad it came out good!  It turned out better than even the picture! 
I'm glad my sister was surprised, I'm glad that we had a good turn out despite it being Mother's Day weekend and all.  She got lots of nice gifts, Parker had enough to get him started and on his way to a great childhood! 

I can't wait to meet my little Nephew!  She's due June 25th, they are talking of her going early but we don't know yet.  I want him to come when he's ready, and healthy!  Today was officially a success, and I couldn't be more happier!  Now off to bed for me!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment