Saturday, November 19, 2011

Santa

 This Saturday was a busy one!  First we started the morning off rather later then usual!  Usually Noah wakes up at his normal 6-630 time.  Monday-Friday he gets up at 6, so that's to be expected.  Today he didn't wake up till almost 730, that would mostly be because he woke up at 515 and didn't go right back to sleep.  I'm not sure why sometimes he wakes up like that, but hey at least he went back to sleep this time!  We sat around watching Sprout, and eating multi grain cheerios and drinking chocolate milk, until about 9.  Then Mommy got her butt in gear and got a shower, as did Grammy and Kailyn.  Noah got dressed and we were out the door on our way to Bass Pro where Santa just happened to be by 10!

The line wasn't long at all, and moved quite fast!  I thought we would go early this year thinking maybe it wouldn't be so busy, and compared to last year when we went the beginning of December it wasn't busy at all!  We got to watch the train while we waited for our turn with Santa, and we got to test out some four wheelers!  Noah has almost officially out grown his little one he got for Christmas last year!  Finally It was our turn for Santa, Noah was looking at him and talking to him while we walked up.  I put him on his lap and he instantly started reaching out to me and saying Mama Mama, but Santa so nicely put his arms down and looked at the camera as the lady jingled the bells and smiled!  The photo turned out nice!
Last year he was too little, and really just had a dumbfounded look on his face, so at least this year he has some sort of expression!  It could always be worse, he could have been screaming!  Which I'm surprised it didn't happen!  I'm so proud of my Little guy!

Kailyn the soon to be 11 year old, got her picture taken with Santa as well.  She's a great little girl, who's been with our family for a long long time!  I started watching her before she could even walk or crawl!  She's growing into a lovely young lady.  I'm happy about that!  Her birthday is Black Friday, last year she was lucky and it was on Thanksgiving!  She's awesome




I think it's really nice that they do all this stuff for free!  I mean you don't get anything for free anymore, and a picture with Santa you could make a killing off of!  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that more people then not buy some package, I know I have for the past two years.  But still I think it's the fact that you know you can have a picture for free, that makes you want to buy some!  I could easily come home scan it and print other pictures, but I think it's awesome that they have so many nice things to do for kids, that I don't mind buying some pictures!

They had all the normal things to do, but this year they had a wildlife carousel.  That was really neat!  Noah enjoyed it, Kailyn rode it to but she really could have cared less!  She said it went to slow!  They also had Cozy Critters, I think they were called.  They were like build a bear, that was cute.  I don't know if it's just for the Christmas season or if it's always there.  I haven't been to Bass Pro for a while.  But of course Noah and Kailyn both made one!  Noah made a deer and Kailyn made a rabbit. 



Noah and Kailyn colored snowman ornaments, I think it's so neat that now Noah is getting to the age where he can do all that stuff!



Here was my failed attempt at a Christmas Card picture!  I got the idea off Pintrest, and LOVED it!  I knew it wouldn't turn out as good as that one.  Mainly because I have a 20 month old and that kid looked to be like 4 or 5!  But I have to say that it was kinda fun getting these bloopers!
Yeah he's reaching over to unplug the lights!
He just looks pure evil in this one!

This one would have been perfect if it wouldn't be kinda blurry and if he would have been looking up!

I should add, that I then did later get a good one, that I'll be using!  I wanted to take the date stamp off the camera also and forgot so I'm kinda glad I didn't get "the one" this photo shoot!  The only thing we didn't get checked off our list today was making his Thanksgiving and Christmas Tshirts!  I also found those ideas on Pintrest.  I absolutely LOVE that site!  I'm so glad I heard about it!  I was going to use this tshirt idea for Christmas for cards, but then changed my mind due to having to buy other bigger envelopes and probably using more postage.  So I figured it would make a nice Tshirt! 


I cannot believe that this Thursday is Thanksgiving already!   It's kinda crazy this year is flying by!  I love it because I love Christmas!  Especially now that Noah is here!  I think kids really do make the Christmas season more joyful!  I love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment