Monday, October 3, 2011

Fevers and Sour Belly and sleepiness...Oh my...


In case you haven't guessed it from the title, Noah has officially been sick!  We are both home today so he could have one more re coop day before going back to "the germ hole".  Daycare is great, I mean it really is, besides the bad behaviors kids pick up from other kids, and the illnesses!  I think last year that Noah had just about every cough and sniffle that went through that daycare!  I hate seeing my baby not feeling well. :(  He's so mopey and sleepy looking.  Not to mention the changing of the diaper a few more times then usual if you catch my drift.  He gave us a surprise last night to.  He took a late nap, and then after he woke up he said he wanted to eat.  Thankfully he only had like 2 pieces of carrot and mashed potatoes cause then he said done and got down.  Then Grammy said he was rubbing his belly, then suddenly, well you know what happened next.  Needless to say he only had Pedialyte after that for the rest of the night.  Then this morning he was hungry so I made him rice.  He's been eating ok so far today, with no instances of sickness.  No more fever either, which is awesome.  So I guess maybe his diet of, rice, banana, yogurt is working!  The picture above is pretty much how our day went besides a few short spats of him wanting to go on his own.  That didn't last long at all though.  He's now on his second nap for the day, and I am hoping that things don't change when he wakes up with how he's feeling!

We had a good weekend despite him not really feeling all that great!  I didn't exactly realize how bad it was until yesterday though.  That's when he really started showing his sick side.  Hopefully he's better by the weekend, because I found a pumpkin patch in Lancaster that I want to take him to!  I think that will be so much fun!!!

This picture is from yesterday morning before we went out for breakfast. He looks so happy...that's Pre-illness kick in

This is today, the first time he actually wanted to be down.  Notice that he's being bad!  He knows stuff should be on the floor...he's testing Mommy.  I think that orb is his Daddy telling him to be good to!  That's so weird that it's there, because he was looking over his shoulder all morning and talking, when I'd ask him who he was talking to he said Dada.....gives me goosebumps.

So it was nice to have a extended weekend, but not because he was sick.  Since I was home I have dinner in the crock pot.  It's a new recipe I hope everyone likes it.  It's ground turkey, tortellini, and broccoli.  And you use the Philadelphia cooking cream and chicken broth.  It looks good, and I hope it is!  It's a recipe from Parents website.  Noah will like it cause there is broccoli, although he probably shouldn't have a whole lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment