Monday, October 10, 2011

Pancakes and Letters

Well it's only 9:00AM but we have already gotten a lot done!  First I made pancakes for Noah, well this wasn't suppose to be a ordinary pancake.  It was SUPPOSE to have Lightening  McQueen on it!  Yes, in a perfect world, it would have worked!  Needless to say it did NOT work out!  But the pan made nice pancakes, which also got really brown really fast!  I guess maybe it was a waste of $5 or $6 but oh well  I thought maybe there was a small chance it would work since they always were sold out of them before!

Do you see McQueen?  I sure don't! They are use your imagination pancakes!

So anyway that was a bust!  Oh well you can't win them all right?!  Then I decided it was time to start working on our letters.  We already have been working on colors and numbers, but the ABC song will be a long shot if we don't start something to initiate the learning of letters!  So I got some pages from Fisher Price and it just so happened that the A was for Alligator on this one!  Which is Noah's favorite animal at this time!  So it kinda worked out!  We did letters A and B.  No activities just talked about words that begin with each letter, I even wrote some of them down once we talked about them!  He held up really good to!  We were doing it for almost a 1/2 hour!  I know the attention span at 19 months is not a long one!  Small victory for Mommy today!  Yay!
Getting ready!

A is for Alligator

B is for Butterfly

He did such a good job coloring!  Of course Mommy did the letters!

Umm please don't eat the crayons Noah!
That's all!  So we will use these two letters and work on them all week, next week is C and D!

So it was so much fun to work with Noah for a learning activity!  I wish I could be home with him everyday to do these things!  But evenings will just have to do!

This morning he found 2 of his cars.  He brought them to be and said "two cars", then I asked him what colors they were, one was yellow and one was black.  Well he got the yellow one right, and I told him black and so he got that right to!  I was so surprised and happy for him for that!  He's so smart!!

We are going to go visit my Aunt Joann, and his cousin Antonio soon!  First he's watching Chica on Sprout, he loves that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment